Supporting digital transformation in the public sector
As the public sector continues to find the best solutions to close the digital skills gap, it’s important to us to ensure our learning solution is affordable and available to anyone who needs it.
Public sector organizations and governments utilize technology to deliver services in the most cost effective and efficient way. This requires systems which meet the expectations of digitally savvy citizens and employees with the skills to embrace new digital ways of working.
To improve workflows, these technologies also need to be integrated, and it falls to the IT departments to achieve this. Additionally, existing applications require regular updating, but before implementation, IT engineers need to ensure there will be no negative impact on current systems.
Worryingly, this small window between a new release announcement and organizational roll-out is often exploited by hackers. Malicious agents can strike with denial of service attacks or the capture of sensitive data and, in extreme cases, even cripple operations. No organization is exempt, as the UK’s National Health Service found when it experienced a number of ransomware attacks recently.
To make matters worse, all this is happening against a backdrop of global IT skills shortages. Not surprising then, that many ex-service personnel and former offenders are exploring the potential for new careers in IT.
Our solution can help to upskill your IT personnel; improve the digital and Microsoft Office skills of other staff; and support the military and correction facilities in re-skilling individuals – giving them practical IT experience to improve their employment prospects as they re-enter the job market.
Features and benefits for public sector organisations
- Allows your IT employees to practice new IT skills on live equipment without compromising business-critical systems.
- Ethical hacking and red team/blue team cybersecurity Practice Labs will show your IT personnel how to identify common security breaches and ways to counter them.
- Multiple device Practice Labs allow employees to access different technologies simultaneously.
- Provides a way to confirm the skills of IT candidates and new recruits.
- Embeds existing knowledge and improves competency – increasing productivity.
- Acts as a ‘reminder base’ for IT personnel to refresh topic-related skills prior to tackling those tasks at work.
- Keeps your IT personnel up to speed with changing technology.
- 24/7 access via web browser or through LTI integration with your learning management system.
- Gives your employees access to the latest devices, hardware and software – regardless of the age of the physical equipment they are using.
- Easy to follow, step-by-step instruction, reinforced by a variety of test types: text based; live questions; and performance-based testing – embedding learning by challenging IT employees to problem-solve themselves.
- Perfect complement to online IT training programmes.
- Automatic grading and reporting allows for hassle-free assessment of user progress.
- 360+ titles to choose from, covering critical topics from leading vendors such as CompTIA, Microsoft, Cisco and VMware.
- Reduces the need for resits to gain IT certification – and the associated costs – by providing a practice ground where employees can test their knowledge beforehand.
- Supports non-IT staff – allowing them to improve their general digital skills and increase their competence with Microsoft Office programs.
We’d love to help. Get in touch if you need to know more, or sign up for a free demo today.