Basic Configuration and Maintenance of Windows 10
This title will allow you to learn practical skills within Windows 10 by configuring native applications and Control Panel options, perform network installation, Windows Defender and MSRT, manage files and folders alongside configuration tasks with shared and disk shortage.
Ultimately, this title is an entry level title preparing you for further intermediate and advanced Windows 10 titles.
- Configuring Desktop Settings
- Configuring Applications and Tools
- Configuring Control Panel Options and Features
- Configuring Antivirus Settings
- Managing Windows Update
- Configuring and Managing Hyper-V
- Configure Disk Storage
- Configure Encrypting File System
- Managing File System Permissions
- Managing Fixed Drives with Bitlocker
- Configuring Share Storage with iSCSI
- Configuring a Network Installation of Windows
- Managing System Maintenace Tools
- Managing Back and Recovery
- Infrastructure technician
- Address IT issues by prioritising in response to customer service level agreements
- Administer security access requirements and permissions for stakeholders escalating as necessary for example password resets
- Support the roll out of upgrades or new systems or applications
- Apply the appropriate security policies to ICT tasks in line with organisational requirements
- Undertake the relevant processes with the relevant tools and technologies to resolve ICT technical issues
- Apply appropriate testing methodologies to hardware or software or cabling assets
- Document or escalate ICT tasks as appropriate to ensure a clear audit trail and progression of issues
- Interpret technical specifications relevant to the ICT task
- Deliver network tasks prioritising security with a view to mitigating and defending against security risks.
- 12 months access to Basic Configuration and Maintenace of Windows 10 Practice Lab
- Approximately 12 hours of learning time
- Access to 4 devices.
- 13 lab guides (modules) to work through.
- Practical exercises with step-by-step instructions to complete.
- A split screen platform where students can read the instructions set and perform the tasks at the same time.
- Inline questions throughout to assess what they have learnt