Computer Forensics and Investigations
Practice Labs Computer Forensics and Investigations live lab will provide you with real world experience to improve your odds of success in the computer forensics world. Topics covered include acquiring and evaluating necessary tools, conducting investigations and subsequent digital analysis.
- Understanding the Digital Forensics Profession and Investigations
- Data Acquisition
- Processing Crime and Incident Scenes
- Working with Windows and CLI Systems
- Current Digital Forensics Tools
- Linux and Macintosh File Systems
- Recovering Graphics Files
- Digital Forensics Analysis and Validation
- Virtual Machine Forensics, Live Acquisitions, and Network Forensics
- E-mail and Social Media Investigations
- Mobile Device Forensics
- Cloud Forensics
- Report Writing for High-Tech Investigations
- Expert Testimony in Digital Investigations
- Ethics for the Expert Witness
- Computer forensics investigator
- Forensic computer analyst
- Understanding of the digital forensics profession
- Fundamentals of data acquisition from various devices and sources
- Processing crime and incident scenes
- Digital forensic tools
- Report writing and expert testimony
- 12 months access to our Computer Forensics and Investigations Practice Lab.
- Access to 3 devices.
- 15 lab guides (modules) to work through.
- Practical exercises with step-by-step instructions to complete.
- A split screen platform where students can read the instructions set and perform the tasks at the same time.
- Inline questions throughout to assess what they have learnt
- Approximately 12 hours practical learning time.