The CompTIA Security+ 601 Practice Lab is available now for you to practice your security skills using real, up-to-date hardware and software.
The Security+ certification is a core qualification aimed at IT professionals seeking entry into the cyber security profession.
The Security+ lab’s main focus is on the practical application of the CompTIA certification exam outcomes, and where required, some objectives are covered in theory. After completing this Practice Lab, users will have gained hands-on experience in penetration testing and implementing preventative measures to secure a corporate network against possible cyber security attacks. In addition, further knowledge will be gained on how to handle a cyber security incident.
- Identifying different cyber attacks.
- Social engineering techniques and exploits.
- Identifying indicators of a network attack.
- Network security assessment tools.
- Implementing secure network solutions.
- Enterprise network security configuration concepts.
- Physical security control mechanisms.
- Gathering intelligence on threat actors and vectors.
- Determining security vulnerabilities.
- Security assessment techniques.
- Penetration testing techniques.
- Authentication and authorization implementation techniques.
- Authentication and authorization solutions.
- Implementing a public key infrastructure.
- Implementation of secure protocols.
- Securing an environment using mitigating techniques.
- Cybersecurity backup and restore strategies.
- Identity and account management mechanisms.
- Identifying different application exploits.
- Application hardening deployment techniques.
- Application and host hardening techniques.
- Cyber security vulnerabilities of embedded systems.
- Cloud and virtualization concepts.
- Securing a cloud infrastructure.
- Incident response policies and procedures.
- Incident response tools.
- Implementing wireless security configurations.
- Mobile security solutions.
- Cryptographic basic concepts.
- Digital data forensic techniques.
- Control mechanisms, standards and frameworks.
- Organizational risk management and policies.
- Data protection implementation.
This is the introduction to the learning pathway
- Cybersecurity Administrator
- Cloud Security Administrator
- Cybersecurity Analyst
- Network Security Consultant
- Threats, attacks and vulnerabilities
- Architecture & design
- Operations & incident response
- Governance, risk & compliance
- 12 months' access to CompTIA Security+ Sy0-601
- Access to 4 devices
- 33 bite sized lab guides (topics) to work through
- Practice exercises with step-by-step instructions to complete
- A split screen platform where students can read the instructions set and perform the tasks at the same time
- Multiple choice questions throughout to assess what you have learnt.
- Screenshot assessment tools
- 33 hours practical learning time
PLABDC01 - Windows Server 2019
PLABKALI - Kali 2021.1
PLABM01 - Windows Server 2019
PLABWIN10 - Windows 10
PFSENSE - Linux Virtual Firewall
PLABWEB01 - Windows Server 2019